Canon Printer Pixma Error Code 5100
Canon Printer Error Code 5100. When the message “5100 Printer error has occurred, turn off the power and then turn it on again. If the problem persists, see the manual.” problems, problems plagued the printhead clamp. Please see the following for details.
1. Is there a jammed paper or foreign objects inside the printer?
- Stop printing, and press the power button to turn off the printer.
Open Top Cover printer.
- If there is a paper jam or foreign object in the printer, remove it. If the Print Head Lock Lever means raised, lower.
[The printer with the Top Cover opened] (Paper jam)
- (When the Print Head Lock Lever means raised)
- After checking the above items, press the power button to turn on the printer.
When removing jammed paper or foreign objects, be careful that you do not touch the inside. Alternatively, it can lead to other printing problems.
2. Is the ink tank adequately installed?
- If the ink tank remains not appropriately installed, it interferes with the operation of the print head.
See the pictures below to get an idea of the exact position of the print head.
[When the ink tanks do not installed correctly]
- Ink tank remains not set firmly.
- Ink lamp remains not lit.
[When the ink tanks mains installed correctly]
- The ink light is turned on.
Always remember “Do not touch the Print Head Holder while in motion.”
Wait until the Print Head Holder to stop automatically.
Do not try to stop/move the Print Head Holder by holding it.
3. Is the encoder strip (timing) dirty?
During specific tasks such as unusual eliminate paper jams, it is possible to inadvertently touch the area that lubricated the printer chassis that causes a small amount of fat stored in the strip time.
In most cases, it is easy to remove oil from the strip when using household items outstanding. You will need the following items to extract oil from the strip time.
- Clean cotton unused
- A small amount of Isopropyl Alcohol or window cleaners
- Flashlight or a suitable light source.
Please see the other error code: Printer Error Code Message